Our mission and vision
Thomsons Online Benefits is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognised as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, ‘maximise potential’ and to ‘challenge everything, deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Thomsons Online Benefits to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, nearly 2 million people are already using our platform (Darwin). That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
About the team
The Data & Analytics team are key to driving forward our analytics proposition to clients and the use of analytics internally within Thomsons Online Benefits. Operating as experts within the business in order to help the organisation provide competitive advantage through analytics.
The role and your mission
Are you a seasoned Business Intelligence professional passionate about solving complex business problems with data and analytics and ready to apply your skills to building a market leading BI solution? Do you want to build products which are used by some of the World’s largest organisations in a growing, fast paced environment? Do you think on your feet and work proactively?
Thomsons are looking for an Analytics Developer (with warehouse, ETL and front-end experience) to evolve their Analytics solutions both externally to clients and internally within the organisation. The role will work closely with Thomsons engineering, product and thought leadership teams to build Analytics products which are used by some of the World’s largest organisations. The role is responsible for the data modelling, design, development and report/dashboard design. It requires an understanding of business/system/data challenges in order to translate them into requirements/solutions.
Thomsons product roadmap is increasingly focussed on harnessing the power of Darwin’s data to give our clients the insights they require. This role plays a key part in the strategic direction and success of the business.
Your role will be to increase the usage and availability of data and self-serve analytics, through:
- Design of the data warehouse solution
- Management and troubleshooting of ETL feeds
- Configuration of SSIS and SSRS packages to meet business requirements
- Front end dashboard and report development with associated user experience
- Integration of data warehouses with third party data sources
- Contribute to Thomsons' data strategy and vision
- Design, build and maintain analytic solutions
- Understanding requirements and delivering operationalised analytics
- Working with internal teams to define and deliver analytical solutions
- Proactively recommending analytical solutions based on knowledge and experience
What skills & values you will bring:
- Extensive experience with SQL, SSRS and SSIS
- Experience in a business intelligence tool(s) (Birst preferred)
- Experience defining and building reports and dashboards for business users and audiences
- Understanding of data warehouse and datamart concepts; understand how to interpret models and business rules
- Understanding of the BI source, aggregation, ETL, reports data flow
- Commercial awareness in terms of the value and impact analytics can provide within a business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curious, self-driven and analytical
- Experience of B2B businesses beneficial
- Any knowledge of UI dashboarding design beneficial
Our PINK benefits and culture
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Day off on your birthday
- Weekly health and fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A flexible reimbursement account for you to spend on the things that matter to you
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?